The Benefits of Using a Will Writing Service
Ensuring that your wishes have been documented and will be carried out in the event of your death is vital for everyone of adult age, regardless of your personal wealth or whether you consider yourself to be young or old. But what is also important is making sure that your will has been drafted in accordance with best practice guidelines, ensuring that there are no issues down the line when your estate enters into probate.
Rather than attempt to write your own will via a DIY service, making use of professional will writing services are always the better option, in turn providing you with the peace of mind that your will is both accurate and legally enforceable.
How a Will Writing Service Works
There are several options available to you when seeking the assistance in the drafting of a will. The most common include:
- Attending a scheduled appointment at the offices of the company performing your will writing services.
- Scheduling a home visit where a qualified professional consultant will visit you at your home address at a time to suit you.
- Online via the use of a portal where you will be requested to input vital information regarding your personal circumstances which will then be interpreted and formed into a will.
- Via the use of postal forms which will be sent to you for completion. Once returned, the information included on these forms will form the basis of your will.
We would always suggest making use of face to face service which is the best opportunity to make sure that your wishes are accurately communicated. When a professional will writing consultant visits your home, they will ask you a number of questions including:
- Who you would like to nominate as your executor.
- The total of your assets to be administered under the will.
- Who you would like to benefit under your will as well as how and to what proportions.
- Whether you would like to appoint powers of attorney.
Once your will has been finalised and approved, you can then request to have it stored safely on your behalf.
The benefits of transferring the responsibility of drafting your will to a specialist has many benefits which include;
- Companies experienced in writing wills will usually provide you with a very quick turnaround, often no more than 4 to 6 weeks from the date of your initial consultation.
- Costs are very competitive and are usually much cheaper than a solicitor. You will also find that costs are often fixed regardless of whether you are visited at home or you attend an appointment yourself.
- In house legal teams will ensure that your will complies with the law and has been written following the appropriate guidelines.
Have your Personal Will Written on Your Behalf
Heritage Wills are experienced in the drafting and formation of wills for customers of all backgrounds, regardless of your personal circumstances. Whether you would like more information on Trusts or would like to schedule an appointment, you can speak to a member of our team on 01603 894500.