Heritage Guaranteed Funeral Plan
We all face the ultimate statistic: 100% of us will die eventually. Some people like to take care of all their affairs, and that includes prepayment of their funeral.
A funeral plan guarantees that your wishes will be carried out, and that the services of a first class funeral director will have been paid for with no extra cost to your family.
- The price of a funeral plan is in line with the cost of a funeral purchased today. Funeral costs are unlikely to go down!
- Savings in a Bank or Building Society or insurance is just a sum of money. It need not be spent on your funeral and who knows if it will be enough
- Your money is safe. It is held in the Funeral Planning Trust by HSBC Trust Company (UK) Limited as custodian trustee.
- You can choose a funeral to suit your requirements - prices start from under £2,330, or you can pay by instalments if you wish.
The Plan is provided by Funeral Planning Services Limited, based in Norwich, who operate nationally to provide Funeral Plans for Funeral Directors and the legal and financial professions. They are members of The National Association for Pre-Paid Funeral Plans.
Payments for the plan are held under the custodianship of an independent trustee: HSBC Trust Company (UK) Limited.
How does the Plan work?
You select the Plan that suits you best from the Plan descriptions. If the details do not meet with your requirements, then we will be happy to quote for alternatives. Additional services may attract extra costs. When you have paid for the Plan, A guarantee is issued confirming that the services of the Funeral Director will be provided as specified, when required, and there will never be more to pay for these services.
Included in the prices of the Plans are contributions for other necessary expenses or 'disbursements' such as cemetery or cremation fees and Clergy fees if applicable. These amounts are based upon national averages and are increased annually in line with inflation. So most, if not all, of the costs will be covered, but they are outside of the control of Funeral Planning Services Limited and cannot be guaranteed. Although the amounts covered are based upon cremation costs they can be put towards a burial instead. You may include a larger amount if you wish - simply add the extra cost to the price of the Plan. (NOTE: if you require burial, the cost of a grave plot is NOT included in the Plan price).
Remember, putting funeral instructions in your Will is not legally binding upon your executors THEY ARE UNDER NO OBLIGATION TO CARRY OUT YOUR WISHES.
Simply saving money for your funeral in a bank or building society or by insurance policies or other savings is unpredictable. You can never be sure there will be enough, so you may even set aside more than you need. A Guaranteed Funeral Plan ensures that the services of the Funeral Director will be paid for and your wishes will be carried out exactly as you would have wished.
You have the peace of mind of knowing that your family will be spared financial and emotional burdens at a time of sadness and bereavement.
Who holds and guarantees the money that I pay?
Payments for the Heritage Guaranteed Funeral Plan are held under the custodianship of an independent trustee, HSBC Trust Company (UK) Limited.
Is VAT payable?
No. Funeral plans do not attract VAT.
Your rights to a refund
If, for any reason at all, you decide you do not want your Guaranteed Funeral Plan, you may return the plan documents to Funeral Planning Services Limited and, provided you return them within 28 days of when they were issued, you will receive a full refund of all money you have paid without question. If you wish to cancel after 28 days, you are strongly advised to contact Funeral Planning Services Limited to discuss the various alternative options available. If you cancel your plan after 28 days from the date your documents were issued, Funeral Planning Services Limited have the right to deduct their administrative charges from your refund.
Included in the prices of the Plans are contributions for other necessary expenses or 'disbursements' such as cemetery or cremation fees and Clergy fees if applicable. These amounts are based upon national averages and are increased regularly in line with inflation. So most, if not all, of the costs will be covered, but they are outside of the control of Funeral Planning Services Limited and cannot be guaranteed. Although the amounts covered are based upon cremation costs they can be put towards a burial instead. You may include a larger amount if you wish - simply add the extra cost to the price of the Plan. (NOTE: if you require burial, the cost of a grave plot is NOT included in the Plan price).
A down payment of either £500 or £250 may be made followed by 36 or 48 monthly instalments respectively. Payment may also be by 60 monthly instalments without a down payment.
"Those you leave behind will remember your thoughtfulness"
The most popular option, providing what most people expect from a Funeral:
- Collection of the body from within fifty miles of the Funeral Director day or night, excluding ferry or toll charges
- Care of the deceased in accordance with the wishes of the family
- Providing facilities for viewing by your family at the Funeral Director's chapel of rest
- Giving guidance to your relatives on the registration of the death and other funeral matters
- The supply of a wood veneered coffin with traditional fittings, gown and interior lining.
- One limousine to follow the hearse and a full compliment of uniformed staff. A procession can leave from a private address prior to a Funeral service at a local place of worship followed by a committal service at a local crematorium or cemetery
- A listing of flowers and charitable donations received
- A contribution towards other expenses or 'disbursements' such as cemetery or crematorium fees, and a minister's fee. (See 'Disbursements' on page 4)
THE CLASSICAL PLAN
The Classical Plan provides an enhanced service, with the following variations to the TRADITIONAL plan:
- Collection of the body at any time, from anywhere in the UK
- The supply of a superior quality coffin furnished with traditional fittings, gown and interior lining
- Two limousines are provided to follow the hearse
- A newspaper notice
THE ECONOMICAL PLAN
A basic Funeral similar to the TRADITIONAL Plan but with the following variations
- Collection of the body from within ten miles during normal office hours
- Care of the deceased but facilities for viewing are not included
- A plain coffin is supplied
- The supply of a hearse with a Funeral Director and staff to meet the family at the local crematorium or cemetery. There is no limousine or procession is provided in this Plan
- A listing of flowers and charitable donations is not included